Thursday 26 November 2009

A few of my favourite things. 1: Dragonette

As you may or may not know, today is Thanksgiving in Americaland. I quite like the idea of Thanksgiving, for two reasons:

1. It is based on an actual anniversary of something happening (it is, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong), as opposed to Christmas being some interchangeable Pagan / Christian middle-of-winter hooplah.

2. It encourages people to be thankful for stuff. Which is really quite touching and pleasant.

In honour of the yanks and their special day, I've decided to do a short series of blog posts about things I am currently thankful for.

NUMBER ONE THING: I am thankful for this song, True Believer by Dragonette, which is my current favourite song in the universe.



In case you're not familiar with them, Dragonette are a Canadian band who released their debut album, Galore, in 2007. You might have noticed it on my 'top 10 albums of the decade' list. They sound a bit like the Scissor Sisters would sound if they could just camp things up a bit, take themselves less seriously and sing about sex a bit more. They also sometimes sound like Lady Gaga, but not so much on the song above. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Becca said...

This is great news. I am also a big fan of Dragonette! I thought I was the only one.

Pignut said...

Really?! But I thought *I* was the only one!!! This is very exciting.

Becca said...

Galore is a wicked album, Get Lucky is my favourite track:

http://www.last.fm/music/Dragonette/_/Get+Lucky?autostart

So cheerful and upbeat :)

Pignut said...

Ooh yes, that's probably my 2nd favourite, although I love most of the album so it's a close call.