Tuesday 22 December 2009

Big yellow digger

As an X Factor fan, you might think I'd be bitter about the Christmas number one debacle this year, but I am not. Let Rage have their day - it means nothing. NOTHING.

Why so cynical? Well, since you ask, my faith in the Christmas charts was first shaken back in the 1990s when the following CLASSIC TUNE was outsold by Mr Blobby.



But it wasn't until 2005 that I really gave up on the British public's ability to choose a decent festive hit. That was the year that Nizlopi released the JCB Song, below, which was surprisingly successful but not quite successful enough. It's not really about Christmas (neither is Babe, to be fair), but it's beautiful and simple, Optimus Prime is in the video and I love it. It was beaten to number one by Shayne Ward. Tut.

No comments: